Back muscle is probably the most significant muscle part of our body, which takes enormous amounts of effort to build and develop like a professional bodybuilder. Whenever I ask my bodybuilding partners to expose their body, they generally show biceps, chest, abs, and some shoulder. But rarely expose their back as only a few can develop entirely massive and generate Christmas tree. Every single bodybuilder desires to have a full end, but not everyone is lucky to have one.
Generally, due to lack of proper sight on self back, people cannot notice their back and lacks the necessary focus to it. And they instead focus on those muscle groups that are generally exposed and loses their massive point of having an enormous end.
So, today, in this article, I have collected the top 5 of the best back workout for mass that will increase weight and width to your back.
1. Ring Pull-Ups
Start with ring pull-ups where you can have neutral grip pull-ups added with five sets of around 10 to 12 repetitions. This workout for the bigger back is similar to pull-up and chin-up, where you lift your upper body focusing on your back muscle.
Ring Pull-ups are a form of gymnast where your body requires massive strength. It is an excellent exercise of adding mass to your back muscle.
Ways to perform Ring Pull-Ups:
- Place the gym rings at the height where you won’t be able to touch the ground.
- Grab the ring with both hands and stand straightly, keeping your arms and legs straight.
- Now, pull up yourself with the force of your two arms, keeping your chest right up your chin.
- Raise higher as you can and hold for a second, then release slowly controlling the momentum.
- Once you are to lower the hold to manage posture and repeat the process.
Things to remember during Ring pull-ups:
- Do not swing while pulling your body upwards.
- Keep your legs crossed and pull straightly up.
- Keep your chest up and focus on back muscles.
2. Wide Grip Lat Pull-downs
Lat pulldown is a very common and basic back workout to develop back muscle. You should never ignore this exercise instead perform on every back workout day. Because these workouts are the one that knows your tissue and helps in quick progress. Perform heavy weighted wide pulldowns for adding mass and getting full back.
Ways to perform Wide Grip Lat Pull-downs:
- Pick an appropriate weight for your initial start-up and have a seat keeping your chest up.
- Grab the bar more extensively where the curve starts and place your thighs underneath the support.
- Start pulling the bar only with your arms until it reaches up to your chin.
- Hold a second and slowly release the bar making your arms straight.
- Repeat the process for 10-12 repetitions.
Things to remember during wide grip lat pulldowns:
- Pull down the bar with equal force.
- Don’t lift your butt while pulling the weight.
- Also, don’t pull the bar below your chin (many people pull up to the chest)
3. Dumbbell Rows
You might feel that dumbbell rows are pretty easy exercise to perform, and yes, it is easy, but are you sure that you are playing it correctly? Many people focus on heavyweight instead of preforming it precisely because it is easier than another back workout for mass. This workout for the back is essential to gain quick weight so, perform it pitch-perfect every time you carry dumbbell.
Ways to perform Dumbbell Rows:
- Grab a dumbbell as appropriate for your initial set.
- You are bent down, keeping your chest upright and head up.
- Keep your arm straight and pull the dumbbell to your abdominal for the better and broader back.
- Hold a second and release the dumbbell making your arms straight.
- Repeat the process for 12 times.
Things to remember during Dumbbell Rows:
- Do not pull and release dumbbell quickly; the more patiently you perform, the more it affects your back.
- Don’t overweight the dumbbells and swing your body.
4. T-Bar Row
T-bar row can be performed on the corner bar and at the machine. If you are professional with a corner bar then, that will be the best choice for you. And if you are new, then go with a T-bar machine row. It is excellent for creating tension and increasing muscle mass to your back.
This workout allows you to use a neutral grip where you can use both hand power to pull the weights in a strong position. Also, you can haul more weight over dumbbell rows.
Ways to perform T-bar row:
- Place the straight bar at the corner to keep it stable and add up the weights on the barbell.
- Grab a handle staying in between the bars widening the legs.
- Keeping your chest upright, pull the bar towards your chest.
- Hold a second and release the bar very slowly.
- Repeat the process 10-12 times.
Things to remember during T-bar row:
- Pull the barbell towards your chest only, not below or about.
- Start from lightweight, or you might have a problem at your back.
- Don’t go fast; make every repetition count.
5. Reverse Grip Lat Pull-downs
Reverse Grip is excellent for your lower lats and helps to enhance the back muscle with forearms and biceps. It is performed using underhand Grip and rests similar to lat-pull down. You will get thicker and fuller lats after perfection on this exercise. Reverse Grip lat pulldown helps in definition on your back muscle.
Ways to perform Reverse-Grip lat pulldowns:
- Grab a bar with an underhand grip and get into proper position keeping your thigh under the support and chest upright.
- Pull down the bar up to your upper chest, squeezing back muscle.
- Hold a second and slowly release the bar focusing your lat muscle, making your arms straight.
- Repeat the process 12-15 times until your lats burns.
Things to remember during reverse-grip lat pulldowns:
- Perform the repetition slowly without moving your body position.
- Keep your back straight throughout the workout.
- Go slow and focus on your lats on every repetition.
Never ignore back workout because it covers the highest amount of body muscle and is also appropriate for other muscle posing like back double biceps, which is the essential pose for bodybuilders. Hence, follow these five back workout for mass and have a bigger and broader back.