Energy drink is typical nowadays and is popular among all ages of people who are competitive edge say working professionals of all-day energy, Athletes for competitions, students of high school to study all night and even by kids.
We only see the positive side of these energy drinks, but too much sugar may harm health. So, you should take with caution and in minimal amounts.
In this article, we will explore the advantages and disadvantages of energy drink to help determine if energy drinks are right or not.
Pros of Energy Drinks:
1. It boosts energy: Consuming an energy drink boosts energy and focus. The nutrients withheld in the energy drink like caffeine, amino acid taurine, and vitamin B helps to increase the heart rate, which makes you feel that your energy is boosted, especially when you feel tired.
2. It contains Vitamin B: Most energy drinks consist of vitamin B, which helps to fight diseases like cancer and improves your mood.
3. It has Pantothenic acid: Pantothenic acid in an energy drink helps to fight stress, anxiety, and skin disorders or allergies if any.
4. It consists of Riboflavin: Riboflavin treats blood disorders and muscle cramps, which may have resulted due to exercise or athletics.
5. It contains Electrolytes: While exercising, we get rid of water and electrolytes in the form of sweat, and if that is not replaced immediately, it results in dehydration. Drinking energy drinks, especially enriched with sodium, helps to maintain water and electrolytes levels.
6. It has Simple sugar: Taking sugar in a controlled amount provides energy and satisfies the needs of the body. Getting a lot of carbohydrates from drinks with a simple solution helps one while playing a football match or even run a long-distance marathon.
7. It is a Convenient drink: We can just grab the energy drink and take some gulps. You will feel the burst of energy immediately, just like you drank a cup of coffee.
8. It Boosts the performance: During exercise, bodybuilding exercises, and even strenuous workouts, the energy drink is used to boost performance. It helps to build a long-lasting positive impact on a body.
9. It can regulate the nervous system: Vitamin B12 present in the drink helps to regulate the nervous system and maintain a healthy digestive system. It helps keep red blood cells as required by the body.
10. It contains Niacin: Niacin helps to fight arthritis pains and reduce blood lipids in the body.
Cons of Energy Drink:
1. It affects kids dental formula: Loads of sugar in the energy drink can visit the dentist a lot of times. Some energy drinks are not suitable for children.
2. It affects concentration levels: Some energy drink contains large quantities of caffeine and sugar which affects the attention of kids, and their concentration level gets degraded.
3. It causes Sleep deprivation: When the caffeine product is consumed before bed, the person finds it difficult to sleep, and it causes headaches.
4. It has Serious side effects: A large amount of caffeine leads to high blood pressure, irregular heartbeats, and can also cause hallucinations.
5. It leads to weight gain: Due to excess sugars that are broken down to glucose and sucrose, and the calories in energy drink results in the weight gain of the person.
6. It causes Chronic health problems: Consuming energy drinks consistently over some time results in chronic health complications or even osteoporosis. It is because the caffeine component makes the body lose calcium, and results in weak bones.
7. It leads to the accumulation of Belly fat: The ingredients with acidic effect have a large number of artificial flavors and sweeteners to make the drinks taste better. These ingredients adversely affect the functioning of organs leading to belly fat accumulation.
8. It causes Heart arrhythmia: The mixture of caffeine in the energy drink interacts with the drugs that are related to heart medication can lead to arrhythmia.
9. It leads to Type 2 diabetes: High consumption of caffeine components leads to the reduction of insulin sensitivity in the body. People who have diabetes should take energy drinks in moderation.
10. It results in Miscarriage: It can cause late miscarriage in pregnancy, which leads to extreme cases (the woman may find it difficult to conceive again); it also results in low weight at the time of birth.
Just think that there are both pros and cons when gulping energy drink consumption. It is up to us how much we choose to drink. If you do not consume the energy drink consistently, then these health effects are not much of an issue. But if you consume energy drinks daily, then it could mean you have to change your habits.
Finally, after reading this article, feel free to ask them in the comments area below. Also, share this post on all social media platforms.