Are you a leg workouts skipper?? I hope not. Because Leg is an essential part of your body, this reflects the overall progress of the body. Bigger and better legs are always appreciated with a positive image.
Here are the top five best variety of legs workouts you must perform for bigger legs.
The Squat is known as the king of all exercises. It workouts every part of the muscle presented into our body. Guys! If you want big legs, you have to squat.
This is the most common and popular exercise that every bodybuilder performs during leg workouts. This exercise involves overall body parts but, most importantly, thighs(quads, hamstrings, outer thighs), glutes, and butt.
Squat is also known as strength, power, and mobility workout. The world record in Squat was 1157 pounds (525 kg), which was performed by Vlad Alhazov. This exercise might be the one which can be shown in a maximum number of variables, and they are as follows:
- Barbell back squat
- Barbell front squat
- Goblet(Dumbbell) Squat
- Plate squat
- Overhead Squat
- Pistol squat
- Bulgarian split squat
Benefits of performing Squats:
- Fast muscle build
- Burns more calorie
- Strength your legs
- Helps in improving flexibility
- Squat improves your joints
- Helps in mobility and balance
- Increase your body strength
Things to remember during squats:
- Always wear a hard sole shoe with a slightly elevated heel.
- Never forget a belt during a heavy weighted Squat.
- Keep your barbell in suitable height.
- Keep short distance with the barbell stand during free Squat.
- Never try to show off with heavyweight, always select an adequate amount of weight.
- Call for support while performing a personal record of heavyweight.
How to perform Barbell Back Squat step by step:
- Set up affordable weight for completing your desired number of repetitions.
- Lift the bar with your shoulder and keep your hands above the bar for balancing.
- Get two steps back and open up the legs with a stronghold to the ground.
- Keep your chest up and get down straight and slowly bending your knee.
- Squat back up straight, opening your knee.
- Repeat the same process and complete the set.
2. Leg Press
The leg press is another great leg workout that targets your thighs. This workout is beneficial for getting bigger and stronger thighs. The leg press is all about how much you can press the weight with your legs. This exercise is the only exercise that can be performed with the highest amount of weight.
The world record weight of leg press is 2465 pounds (1118.105 kg), which was performed by Joseph Holt ten times in a single set. This exercise is also said as a strength workout, usually in the case of legs.
Leg press targets the leg muscle group on Quadriceps, Hamstring, Gluteus maximus, and partially calves. Here are some varieties of leg press:
- Wide Stance (Inner Thigh Muscle)
- Narrow Stance (Outer Thigh Muscle)
- Healthy (Overall Development)
- High Feet (Glutes and Hamstrings)
- Low Feet (Quads)
Benefits of performing leg press are:
- Makes your Thigh bigger and stronger
- Makes your Hamstrings Strong
- Builds thigh muscle
- Helps in building more muscular calves
- It makes your Glutes muscle stronger
- It makes your Quadriceps stronger
Things to remember during leg press:
- Wear a belt for prevention and more weight.
- Keep your upper body position straight.
- Never make your Leg straight after pressing the machine.
- Grab a support handle for the more natural press.
How to perform leg press step by step:
- Firstly, I always pick a suitable weight for you to complete the number of repetitions.
- Lie down on the machine and keep your feet in perfect position.
- Press the weight high to begin the workout.
- Grab the support handle and slowly bend the knee, pressing down the weight.
- Then, press up the weight back to the top, but don’t make your Leg straight. Keep a slight bend.
3. Leg extension
The leg extension is the intense quadriceps muscle training. This is a highly pressurized and focused workout; that’s why it is called an extension. It is only Thigh targeting workout, which provides a faster result with bigger and sharp thighs.
This workout is generally performed similarly with very few varieties, but it is as effective as hell. This is one of the favourite leg workouts of mine, which shall be yours as well after performing it correctly.
Variations of leg extensions are:
- Inward toes (Outer Quads)
- Outward toes (Vastus medialis)
- Straight toes (Overall Thighs)
- One leg extension
- Both leg extension
Benefits of performing leg extensions are:
- Bigger and better thighs
- It is suitable for cutting thigh muscles
- Stronger Leg
- And increase lower body strength
Things to remember during Leg extension:
- Keep your body straight.
- No need for safety precaution for this workout.
- Always exhale while lifting the weight up.
- Focus on the contraction of the thigh muscle.
How to perform Leg Extension step by step:
- As always, pick your suitable amount of weight.
- Have a seat and place your feet under the machine.
- Grab the support handle and lift the machine only with your lower feet and straighten your feet contracting your thighs.
- Hold up for 1 second and slowly get down to the initial step.
- Repeat the process with failure.
4. Lying leg curl
Lying leg curl is the prominent workout that will develop your hamstring muscle. This workout is the best to build muscle in the back of the thighs. Usually, it is more laborious exercise to perform compared with other leg workouts.
This workout should be highly concentrated and focused while performing. Lying leg curl as targets hamstring, it can be achieved by a variety of ways:
- Seated leg curl
- Lying leg curl
- Standing leg curl
- Stability ball curl
Benefits of performing lying leg curl:
- Targets your hamstring muscle
- Increase your Leg’s pulling strength
- Gets bigger back thigh
- Builds knee stability and balance
Things to remember during lying leg curl:
- Do not lift your hips off the bench.
- Do not move your upper body.
- Pull slow and release slow.
- Keep your head down and grab the support handle.
How to perform lying leg curls step by step:
- Start from lighter weight.
- Lie down in a reverse form with head down.
- Keep your feet under the machine.
- Grab the support handle and slowly pull the weight by legs.
- Get proper contraction and hold a second.
- Release slowly and repeat the process.
5. Calves raise
Calves muscle are eye-catching lower leg muscle. This muscle is similar to biceps as a part of Leg. This exercise targets gastrocnemius, tibialis posterior, and soleus muscles of your lower Leg.
More significant calves muscle is always a bonus point to your bodybuilding career. Every individual appreciates having perfectly shaped calves. Calves raise can also be performed in many variations like:
- Donkey Calves raise
- Seated Calves raise
- Standing Calves raise
- Barbell Calves raise
- Leg press Calves raise
Benefits of performing Calves raise:
- Stronger ankle strength
- Of course Bigger Calves
- You can do it anywhere
- Overall leg strength increases
Things to remember during Calves raise:
- Raise the weight only with toes.
- Press down as much you can.
- Better to perform without shoes.
- Concentrate only on your calves.
How to perform Calves raise step by step:
- Pick up your weight as suitable.
- Keep your Thigh under the machine and place your toes in a particular area.
- Slowly lift your toes, contracting your calves.
- Hold a second and go down your feet then get back to the initial position.
These are the best five-leg workouts that target almost every necessary part of your legs.
Thanks for the time. Comment down if you love leg workouts.